Spaghetti Squash and Zucchini
1 cup spaghetti squash
4 oz. julienned zucchini
½ cup broccoli florets, blanched
½ cup cauliflower florets, blanched
½ cup roasted and
julienned red peppers
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil,
plus 1 Tbsp. for drizzling
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chiffonade
¼ cup water
1 tsp. sweet butter
1 tsp. salt and white pepper
1 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup plum-tomato sauce
1. In heated sauté pan, combine water and olive oil. Bring to a simmer.
2. Add red peppers and zucchini. Cook 2 minutes.
3. Add spaghetti squash, broccoli and cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Add butter. When melted, add basil.
5. In a second sauté pan, bring plum-tomato sauce to a simmer. Sauce can be held warm.
6. Spoon tomato sauce into pasta bowl, making a large circle in the middle of the bowl.
7. Mound spaghetti squash mixture high in the middle of the plate.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Drizzle olive oil on top of spaghetti and around dish.
—Recipe provided by Village Tavern, www.villagetavern.com