2. Whiten in the shower – heat speeds up the effect of hydrogen peroxide and can remove stains faster.
3. Eat a green apple – munching on this low sugar fruit with fiber is a natural abrasive.
4. Use some bronzer – the tanner your face is, the whiter your teeth look!
5. Cheese, please – if you’re drinking red wine, eat some cheese to protect your teeth from the acid in wine that stains them.
6. Add pink or gloss to your lip color – they can help turn your smile from dull to dazzling.
7. Coffee break – coffee is the number one cause of yellowing teeth. It’s not how much you drink, but how long the coffee is in contact with your teeth. Try sipping it through a straw.
8. Floss daily – teeth with plaque are more prone to stains.
9. Chew some gum – grab some gum or mints containing Xylitol, a sugar-free, decay-reducing compound that can rid your teeth of red wine stains.
10. Don’t compare – the pearly whites on models in magazines are heavily Photoshopped. Your dentist will tell you how white you can go, and still maintain a healthy smile.
-Courtesy of Dr. Cary Goldstein, Goldstein Dental Center