This brightly flavored savory salad works well as an appetizer or a main dish. Traditionally made with pork, this recipe calls for chicken, as well as a handful of other ingredients that you likely already have in the kitchen.
- 1 qt. water
- 5 fresh cilantro stalks, chopped
- 1 thin sliced shallot
- 1 thin sliced green onion stalk
- 2 tbsp. unsalted whole peanuts
- 1 oz. fresh ginger, julienned
- 10 oz. ground chicken
- Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 head of cabbage (optional)
Yum Sauce (yields 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup thin soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Combine and mix. Keep for later use.
Bring water to a boil and add the ground chicken until fully cooked. Strain the chicken into a mixing bowl. Keep the romaine lettuce and cabbage to the side for plate setup. Add all other ingredients to the chicken and gently mix. You may place the salad over a bed of chopped romaine lettuce with a wedge of cabbage, or make lettuce wraps with Bibb lettuce. Drizzle on the Yum dressing.