Recipe courtesy of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Clean
Yields: 12 servings
Homemade Baked Applesauce
- 7 or 8 medium Fuji apples, peeled, cored and roughly sliced
- 4 TB. water
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB. honey
- 2 TB. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. In a large bowl mix apples with water, cinnamon, lemon juice, honey, orange juice and vanilla until all pieces are coated.
- Pour into 13×9-inch roasting pan and spread evenly. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Take out of oven, uncover and stir. Cover tightly again and bake for another 45 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven. Let cool for a few minutes. Mash with a potato masher or a fork until chunky. Use a food processor for a smoother texture.
- Serve warm or cold. Will keep in fridge for 2 weeks.
Nutritional Facts: 73 calories, 0 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g protein, 19 g carbs, 15 g sugars, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 1 mg sodium. Serving Size: 1/3 cup.
Recipe courtesy of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Clean.