Recipe adapted from The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Eating Clean.
Yields: 8 servings
Homemade Spicy Hummus:
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 TB. unsalted, all-natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup packed parsley sprigs
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 3 TB. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place chickpeas, almond butter, hot sauce, lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, black pepper, salt and olive oil in a food processor. Process on high speed. Stop every once in a while to scrape the sides of the bowl. Keep blending until smooth. It should take 2 or 3 minutes.
You can add more lemon juice or hot sauce to taste. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Nutritional Facts: 135 calories, 7 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 14 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 62 mg sodium. Serving size: 1/4 cup
Recipe courtesy of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Clean.