By Addie Balenger
Celebrating Independence Day with fireworks is an American tradition. However, it is important to adhere to the following guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety.
In 2010, over 8,500 people were treated for injuries due to fireworks. Put into practice the above rules to prevent any accidents, so you will not have to make any unwanted emergency room visits ruining your July 4th festivities.
Concentra gives the following recommendations:
1. Aults should only handle the fireworks.
2. Only light one firework at a time.
3. Make sure you purchase fireworks from an authorized distributor.
4. Keep water close by.
5. Only use fireworks outside.
6. Do not make homemade fireworks.
7. Never consume alcohol while lighting fireworks.