By: Kaylyn Hinz
Every Saturday morning at Piedmont Park, anyone can come out to The Green Market and stock up on their favorite fruits and vegetables. This local farmers market will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. through December 8.
Rated one of the top five farmers market in Atlanta it features chef demonstrations, vendors, local farmers and fresh produce. There some reasons to why you should visit this year’s farmers market:
- Farmers pick out their produce the day before the market.
- Learn how to put together a tasty recipe from one of the local farmers.
- Food usually travels 1500 miles to get to your kitchen. At this market, Green Market Farmers travel only 100 miles.
- By shopping locally, you are helping to stimulate your community’s economy.
- Besides fresh produce, you can also enjoy cooking demonstrations, live music and more.
Partnering up and hosting this year’s market is City of Atlanta Parks, Recreation and Bureau of Cultural Affairs, and Piedmont Park Conservancy’s Program Department.
For more information please call (404) 875-7275