No more deprivation, self-criticism, or kicking yourself on Valentine’s Day because you haven’t yet asked for that promotion or worked on your relationships. No more excuses! This year we are going to get everything under control.
First, if you haven’t already checked out Best Self Atlanta’s 2012 Best Self Journey Handbook, this is a perfect place to start. (Click here to download the PDF). Consider what you want to achieve this year and complete this guide. It will bring you clarity and focus.
Then, take a look at the list below and be sure to incorporate these actions into your daily goals throughout the next few months. Want more tips? Check out my list of 100 tips here, and be sure to read Best Self Atlanta throughout the year so you don’t lose site of your goals.
Cheers to your best year yet!
1. Make a list of everything you want.
2. Set reasonable goals.
3. Pamper yourself.
4. Embrace imperfection.
5. Appreciate and thank people.
6. Draw a picture or make a collage that depicts your goals and display it somewhere prominent.
7. Adorn your body with clothes and accessories that make you feel comfortable and beautiful.
8. Don’t worry about what others think.
9. Trust your gut. If there is a voice inside saying, “I know this sounds crazy, but…” turn up the volume.
10. Consider “you” an investment, and invest in yourself.
11. Surround yourself with your biggest fans.
12. Keep a gratitude journal.
13. Connect with a community that shares your profession, religion or hobby.
14. Forgive others.
15. Ask for forgiveness.
16. Have faith.
17. Make one new friend (or get in touch with an old one) each week.
18. Treat your body like a temple.
19. Put it out there. Tell everyone you know what you want.
20. Make a list of the things holding you back in the left-hand column of a chart, and in the right-hand column, jot down three ways you will overcome each challenge. Throw out the left-hand column and post the right on your refrigerator.
Need help getting back on track? Sheri Oppenheimer is a health coach at Sweetgrass Spa and the Founder of The 100 Women Project, a healthy social network created by women, for women. To schedule a FREE holiday health makeover session with her ($125 value), call (404) 939-2299 or email Sheri at firstname.lastname@example.org.