Most of us have been there at some point: we’ve gained five pounds because we have had no time to exercise (click here for tips on how to lose them), our highlights need updating, and the last time we had a pedicure blogs were just starting to become popular. Sound familiar? Read on…
If you have let yourself go a bit but have NO time to do anything about it, here is a 5-step plan to get you right back on track:
1. Get some sleep. Research shows that lack of sleep causes weight gain, anxiety, crankiness and brain fog. Start by getting at least seven hours a night.
2. Drink water. Most Americans are chronically dehydrated, and dehydration can cause brittle nails, dry hair and lack of energy.
3. Schedule some “you” time. Just like everything else, put it in your Blackberry or on our family’s calendar. You need time to yourself to rejuvenate and clear your mind so you are better able to be present for your friends and family.
4. Do some at-home self-care. Take a hot bubble bath, and take time to exfoliate and put on moisturizer. Our skin is our largest organ (click here for some more skincare tips), so exfoliating and moisturizing is a great way to detox our body and get back on track.
5. Take it one step further and schedule an appointment to get a facial, massage or hair or nail treatment (visit Best Self Atlanta’s page for some great spa and salon recommendations). I know the better I feel on the outside, the more likely I am to nourish my body with healthy food on the inside. It’s a cyclical phenomenon, and by taking care of your body, you will be able to feel your best both on the inside and out. Need help? Contact me for a free health makeover session as a thank you for reading our blog! And be sure to visit The 100 Women Project – a healthy social network created by women, for women – to get the support you need. Cheers to a happy and health new you!
Sheri Oppenheimer is a health coach at Sweetgrass Spa in Little 5 Points and the Founder of The 100 Women Project. To schedule a FREE health makeover session with her ($125 value), call (404) 522-3223 or email Sheri at firstname.lastname@example.org.