Ask yourself these easy questions to find out if dental issues are causing your migraine pain.
- Do you wake up with sore or painful jaw muscles?
- Are your headaches often in the areas of the temples and/or back of the neck?
- Do you have pain in the upper shoulder area?
- Do you have a sensation that your bite doesn’t feel right or your bite changes?
- Have you ever heard a clicking/grinding sound in your jaw joint?
- Do you ever have pain or discomfort while chewing, especially gum?
If you answered ‘yes’ to one or more of these symptoms, you should think about getting a comprehensive oral health evaluation to determine whether a tooth problem is the root cause of your head pain.
–Courtesy of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, www.aacd.com