Recipe adapted from Dishing Up the Dirt.
Yields 2-4 servings.
Zucchini Pasta with Spinach Pesto
- 2 zucchinis, peeled and cut into thin, pasta-like strips
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half length-wise
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- For Spinach Pesto:
- 4 cups of spinach
- A handful flat leaf parsley, stems removed
- 3/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Pepper, to taste.
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Zucchini Pasta:
1. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, cherry tomatoes and garlic. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until zucchini is tender and warmed all the way through.
2. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 of your pesto to the pan and toss until zucchini is evenly covered. Top with Parmesan and serve hot.